What makes a great mystery shopping company? Some say the good pay, while others care about the “easy” aspect of the shop. Some cringe at the complexity and difficulty level of the shop. The more difficult the shop, the higher the expected pay.
Some shoppers care about the schedulers. They want good communication and good relationships with the scheduler. Other shoppers primarily care about an easy to navigate web site, and easy to use shop forms.
Every shopper has his/or her own requirements for choosing to complete an assignment. Is the shop going to take 6 hours to complete and 3 hours of reporting? Oftentimes, once is enough for the shopper on a particularly difficult shop. Often this is due to fee not matching the level of work they were required to do.
How about the expensive hotel shops where you can have an outlay of over $600 and if you don’t capture one name of an associate on that hotel shop, your long, fact filled hotel shop can be rejected? Not many shoppers want to lose $600 in fees and reimbursements.
Below is a list of the 5 mystery shopping companies that shoppers love.
I, of course have my own favorites that I love but I tried to research what shoppers wanted and really admired in their favorite companies.
Here is my list:
Bare International, Inc. was founded by Dale and Michael Bare in 1987 in Fairfax, Virginia. At that time, companies were providing only limited mystery shops in local areas. The Bares wanted to set up a company at a National Level.
Originally called Restaurant and Hotel Services (RHS), Bare provided integrity audits to hotels and restaurant chains. In 1999, RHS became Bare Associates International and now they have offices all around the world. To learn more about them, read our interview with Dale Bare.
Highlights of the company:
- Prompt timely payment.
- Excellent shop guidelines and instructions.
- Easy to understand and read formats.
- Prompt reply to emails and phone calls.
- Great variety of shops.
- Some of the best shops that shoppers love, are within this company
- Widely known and respected in the industry.
- Fair Pay.
- Nice Generous Bonuses.
Founded in 1996, Coyle Hospitality Group, specializes in hotel shops, cruise shops, restaurant shops, spas, timeshares and resorts. Serving markets around the world with 18,000 evaluators (mystery shoppers).
- Tough, precise and exact reporting that demands excellence.
- Easy to communicate with and prompt timely replies.
- Known to give extra fee bonus (x-tra money for your trouble) for problem shops or inconveniences occured while performing/ and during shops.
- Known for the best in high-end travel shops and hotel shops.
- Greatest potential of assignments, with the ability to earn a larger income than most mystery shopping companies.
Founded in 1992, by Joe Woskow, in Texas, RBG was the first to have video secret shops and undercover apartment shops. Joe W. initially managed an apartment complex and wanted to make sure his employees were doing exactly what he taught them. So, he created the apartment shop. RBG has remained a very popular company for most mystery shoppers.
- Each shop is fully explained with clear instructions and easy to understand directions.
- Helpful and polite editors and schedulers who are professional and a joy to work with.
- RBG is well known for going out of their way to provide additional information, to help the shopper have a smooth and easy experience while peforming the shop.
- Prompt payment with no reported issues, no late payments reported.
- Friendly, available schedulers who are always available to answer the shoppers questions.
- Reliable and sound company.
- Schedulers excellent in communication and integrity.
- Consistent work available.
- High Return of calls and emails.
- Prompt clear explanations of improvement feedback, to make your shopping assignment even better.
Founded in 1989, STN strived to be the best of the best and they have since grown quite successful in the industry . CEO Jeff Hall runs this great mystery shopping company and has global alliance with shops in over 30 countries. To learn even more about this company, read our interview with Jeff Hall.
- Known for giving generous extra time on reports for submission.
- Willing to help the shopper who is struggling with the report or/and understanding the guidelines.
- Generous with bonuses for deadline shops.
- Interesting fun shops.
- High variety of shops.
- Fast communication.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Easy to understand guidelines.
- Timely payments.
Formerly ICCDS, North Fork Research, based out of New York, New York, has grown one of the most successful mystery shopping companies in the U.S.
- Assignments and instructions easy to understand.
- Prompt quick payments.
- Rapid response to emails and phone calls.
- Fast approval and assigning to shopper selected shops.
- Always willing to answer any questions regarding a particular shop.
- “Fair work for fair pay” for the amount of difficulty of the shop.
- Shop-forms easy to understand and fill out.
- One of the most favorite mystery shopping companies that most shoppers enjoy.