We received an email asking us how a mystery shopper can get more shops in their area. Our team of experts researched and brainstormed some of the strategies needed to increase the number of assignments. Here are the top 5 ways you can get more shops and make more money.
- Sign up with more companies. This may seem like an obvious solution but it is needed to stay active with completing mystery shops. We all have our favorite companies but if one slows down, there will be other assignments available to pick up the slack. To check out some of the featured mystery shopping companies, click here.
- Get to know your scheduler. Mystery shopping companies are always looking for shoppers that they can rely on. Schedulers are constantly searching for shoppers to take on a last-minute assignment. If you are reliable, a scheduler will contact you first, giving you the ability to make some extra cash. Another option is to contact your scheduler yourself. Let them know that you’re available for any new shops that may pop up.
- Talk to other mystery shoppers. The goal of Mystery Shopper Forum is to not only provide industry information, but also to bring mystery shoppers together to help, support and discuss the positives (and negatives) of each shopper’s experience. There are a ton of great companies out there that are hiring mystery shoppers. Check out the forum to connect, discuss and network with other like-minded mystery shoppers.
- Use the internet to your advantage. Just because an internet assignment isn’t located in your area, doesn’t mean that you can’t sign up for it. Many companies offer online assignments that can be done anywhere, so why not take them on? Just make sure you take into consideration any time zone differences. The sweet thing about doing online shops is that you can make some extra cash without having to leave the house!
- Become a member of MSPA. If you are serious about mystery shopping, you may want to consider becoming a member of the Mystery Shopping Providers Association (MSPA). There, you will be able to take courses that will lead to mystery shopper certifications, giving you access to even more mystery shopping assignments.