Aaron Murdoch

How to Make $70 Praying on Sunday Morning

According to Pew Research, the Christian population within the United States has dropped from 78.4 percent to 70.6 percent between the year 2007 and 2014. Why is this? Apparently, the Protestants and Catholics are experiencing a decline in their faiths while non-denominational and non-Christian faiths are beginning to increase.

Another not-so-common fact about the religious landscape across the country is the common practice of “religious switching.” This interesting trend is defined, “as many as 42 percent of U.S. adults have switched religions.” The research group also states that 37 percent of Americans, “identify with a different religious group than the one in which they were raised.”

Mystery Shopper Magazine is no stranger to the many mystery shop opportunities available in places of worship. The Mystery Shop Forum currently has a job posting for guest parishioners to sign up and earn anywhere between $55 and $70 just to attend a Sunday morning church service. You may be asking yourself, “what’s the catch?” The answer is that there isn’t a catch. This is a legitimate way to earn a great income for only about an hour of your time.

The post states that this company is always on the lookout for new shoppers and they strongly encourage those interested in this opportunity to sign up on their website. Mystery shoppers are paid weekly and they claim that the virtual survey to be completed is “super easy.” Are you interested in getting paid to pray? If so, this is definitely the mystery shop for you. Click here to get paid to go to church.

Your Comments:

1. Ainla says:

I am a Christian . Getting paid to pray? No thank you. It’s feels the wrong it sounds wrong and my conscience will not allow it. When I pray, which is every day, it’s between God and me not because somebody is paying me to pray to Him.

• Sandra Sheppard says:

This is creepy. I am a Catholic and I think it is a sacralidge. Wish I could be positive about this but the whole thing screams dishonest intentions.

• Kelli Foster says:

Hi Ainla! Thanks for the feedback. We hear that a lot. We totally understand that point of view and respect it. Check out our mission and vision on our website https://faithperceptions.com/how-were-different

If you want to chat further, let us know! We are in the business of feedback so we always welcome a good conversation on the topic. Support@hendricksonba.com or 573-335-1760

Thanks!
      Kelli

2. Mike says:

I have done these shops before. You are not being paid to worship. You are being paid to check the service being provided at the service. A non-member’s perspective can provide the opportunity to improve the service and make visitors feel more welcomed. Other things like “where are the bathrooms?” and “did anyone greet you?” are very important and sometimes get neglected. I did one for a very formal Catholic church and another for a Christian church in a middle school gym. Growing up in churches from small mission churches to mega churches with their own college and schools give me a unique perspective. However, anyone can do this shop as long as you leave your prejudices at home and can answer questions just like any other mystery shop that is trying to have friendly staff and great service.

• Kelli Foster says:

Hey Mike! Thanks for speaking up. We appreciate your testimony there. We are glad you could conduct a visit for us. You explained it perfectly!

3. Laurie J Hendrix says:

It is a great way to increase your understanding of what others believe and how they worship! So many people are closed minded and don’t see the agency we each possess to our constitutional rights to worship.

4. Kelli Foster says:

Hey Sandra!
    We definitely understand the first impression of our research sometimes it misunderstood. Check out my reply to Ainla. Our site and FAQs might help understand our mission and vision. We are believers and we want the best for the Churches we work with. The church hires us so we never send a mystery guest to a church uninvited, so to speak. I am Catholic as well and it is eye-opening research and helps me at my own church think of guests and new people and hoping they feel welcomed as well. You know the Catholic Mass can be very overwhelming for a new person so it has really helped us see providing information for new people is very important. We are working on a Guide to the Mass type of program. One step at a time!

Let me know if you want to discuss further! Take care!

-Kelli

5. Catherine Kariuki says:

I would be interested in this assignment.

• Kelli Foster says:

Hey Catherine! Thanks for your interest. We would love for you to sign-up. We are here Monday-Friday 8 to 5pm if you have questions – 573-335-1760 or email support@hendricksonba.com. Here is the link to sign-up:

Click on the logo in the center of the page if you want to read more about us as that will take you to our website.

Thanks!
      Kelli

6. Sheryl Kolojay says:

Maybe it would be less offensive to everyone if the title didn’t state: “…make $70 to pray…” How about “…make $70 to evaluate…”

• Kelli Foster says:

Hey Sheryl!
      This article was obviously written by the magazine, and at times we use the title Get Paid to Go To Church and usually that gets people’s attention. We use other titles for our job postings such as Market Research, Church Evaluation and such. Just depends on the circumstances but we agree, it can turn people off sometimes. Thanks for the feedback!

7. Richard Clifford says:

If this is, indeed, the requirements for said shop then sign me up.

8. susan says:

I would love to do it and then give the money to my church. It doesn’t say how to do it though. I get these emails all the time, but they never say how to participate. As far as I’m concerned this is SPAM. You’re dangling a carrot in my inbox.

9. Evelyn Fraser says:

I would be willing to do this shop.

10. Evelyn Fraser says:

I feel this would be necessary to help the churches. I realize that population is going down as the older folks are passing away. We need to get the younger generation to attend church.

11. Peggy says:

I’d like to do this but am not giving my social security number before being accepted or getting the first shop. That’s too bad.

• Evelyn Fraser says:

I would like to do these shops in my area. 34684

• Kelli Foster says:

Hi Peggy!
      We totally understand, we only use that info for tax purposes and our website is completely secure (https://) but if you want to continue and see our assignments, we also post them on an app/website called GigSpot (www.gigspot.com) and you don’t have to give your Social right away. Our website is just programmed that way and it is required upon sign-up. Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks!

12. Jim Ori says:

I think it’s not news, there are even ‘shoppers’ who mourn upon the death of a loved. so anything is possible.

Am not in US so what kind of jobs/tasks do you have for online supporters.

• Kelli Foster says:

Hi Jim! You have to be able to visit the actual church so at this time there are not online jobs. Once you go to the actual church you would be filling out the survey online. But we have specific churches on our job board that you have to be able to visit. Any other questions? Let us know. Thanks!

13. 1wFkb says:

803929 87004What a lovely weblog. Ill surely be back once again. Please preserve writing! 604430

14. carrcrete says:

276141 123642Delighted for you to discovered this internet site write-up, My group is shopping a lot more often than not regarding this. This can be at this moment surely what I are already seeking and I own book-marked this specific internet site online far too, Ill often be maintain returning soon enough to appear at on your distinctive blog post. 786398

15. 828545 921061Hello there! I could have sworn Ive been to this blog before but following checking through some with the post I realized it is new to me. Anyhow, Im definitely glad I discovered it and Ill be bookmarking and checking back often! 125939

16. westernfilms says:

793087 832276I cant say that I completely agree, but then again Ive never truly thought of it quite like that before. Thanks for giving me something to consider when Im supposed to have an empty mind whilst trying to fall asleep tonight lol.. 674557

17. 243689 821746I discovered your weblog web site on google and check a few of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the superb operate. I just extra up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. In search of ahead to studying extra from you in a although! 660361

18. 879715 60826It is truly a terrific and useful piece of information. Im pleased that you just shared this valuable information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing. 214196

19. 855791 239280This really is the suitable blog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this subject. You notice so much its virtually laborious to argue with you (not that I truly would wantHaHa). You undoubtedly put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just wonderful! 80516

20. 854642 503401Hello! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the great information youve gotten correct here on this post. I will likely be coming back to your weblog for more soon. 18405

21. 18172 973341Hello. I wanted to ask one thingis this a wordpress internet website as we are planning to be shifting over to WP. Furthermore did you make this template yourself? Thanks. 207330

22. 965652 740750This website is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about it and didnt know who to question. Glimpse here, and you will surely discover it. 710666

23. Review says:

136816 314665excellent post. Neer knew this, thanks for letting me know. 81728

24. 535193 252861I dont usually comment but I gotta state thanks for the post on this wonderful 1 : D. 694623

25. 908219 945568Id should verify with you here. Which isnt something I often do! I take pleasure in reading a post that could make people feel. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment! 774051

26. IGCSE 0606 says:

557524 314098Your writing is fine and gives food for thought. I hope that Ill have much more time to read your articles . Regards. I wish you that you regularly publish new texts and invite you to greet me 675208

27. 562468 39418Id need to verify with you here. Which isnt something I often do! I enjoy studying a publish that can make folks think. Also, thanks for permitting me to remark! 40909

28. 534804 226364I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys Ive incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I feel it will improve the value of my site 37180

29. 867714 82988There is noticeably plenty of cash to comprehend about this. I assume youve produced certain good points in capabilities also. 232311